Sunday 21 June 2009

A Leopard doesn't change it's spots

This afternoon I realised that there was some shortage of cars for transportation next week. Not that the yard was empty of cars but it lacked one that both could actually drive by itself and be legally considering that test you should do once a year, our version of MOT.

So instead of trying to fix one that was MOT but did not drive unless you pushed it, I started to look at car ad's, it's so handy when you now have all that on internet. Have to confess to search for motor ad's is one of my big enjoyments.

Of course the price was the big factor so cheap or free was the only obligations and suddenly I stumbled on an ad for a ready to drive Volvo that I realised was from a young farmer I know who is living nearby. I phoned him up on his mobile phone number and he said "hey go and take a look", unfortunately he had gone with his family on a mini vacation (meat farmers have that possibility) "you should test drive it also, I think the car keys is inside". That's one thing I like with living at the countryside you never bother about taking out the car keys.

So I went over to have a look, his two dogs granted me with their tails waving, rather lousy as guarding dogs.. and the car well, It looked like a normal farmers car. Lots of clay everywhere and inside there was even more and also heaps of straw, paper, toys and the windows all with snout marking everywhere. At least it had leather upholstery so it would be easy to clean out the parts where you should sit. The style on the car was this typical youngster mode with coloured spoilers, sports steering wheel and chromium gear knob. When I started up it sounded almost like a Concorde... Just have to fix some dices to hang up in the rear view mirror and then I would feel like I'm eighteen again I thought.

Back home I phoned him up and we made a short wrestling on the price and then I could take it. He said I can come over and pay when his coming home tomorrow evening but it was no hurry.

Hahaha! now I have a real Raggar-Volvo again :-)


Note: Raggar(e) is best translated to young (or those who feel they are) boys and girls who drive around the city square in special style cars, listening to loud music preferable some heavy rock'n roll. the word as an expression has also a meaning of "picking up" :-)

4 comments:

dianne said...

Well congratulations on your new purchase, sounds as if it needs a really good clean, inside and out...especially the windows. :)

So I guess you will be out cruising around the town square with your music playing and picking up girls ... have fun. :) ♡

Lily said...

Hi!

just read your last answer to my last comment...
yueak, know wehre Sundsvall is...
and you're right, it's always a matter of perpective if it's north or south. And everything below stockholm is definitely very south and below sundvall... well I have to admid, my husband and I tend to agree with your point of view!

One year we went a day south through 500 km of sjnowstorm to get to the ice hotel in jukkasjärvi and then i said to him, you know what we're probably the only people who consider this place to be south...


hvorfor løber du fra skattefaren???
isn't there anything you can do to settle this? make him piss off rather than chase you?
I mean I hate the tax-fuckers as well, but the trick is to have a good enough accountant and a lawyer who see to that you fuck them legally and not that they get the chance to fuck you!!! anyway, i really hope things will work out fine for you!!!

congrats on the volvo! yes, one does need a big enough and reliable car in sweden!

here's a swedish southern-thing for you:

http://anders-wohnen.blogspot.com/2009/06/marstrand-swedenschweden.html

oh and while I remember: I also love neil young, olnly taht we call him "nils gammel" here at home... since young... that was ages ago!

dianne said...

M dear there is an award for you over at my blog. ♡

Lily said...

just had the police comming here with a speeding bill from our sweden-trip grrr... geez how I hate police and tax-suckers...!!! Big brother watching you and this particular clown was so badly mannered and only out to provoke and harm us...!

Tell me how on earth do you live with all those fucking speed traps everywhere?
they are so hard to spot at times and the signs are sometimes harly visable... how do you avaid getting tickets all the time???