Sunday 28 December 2008

Art impression



The collection is vast from running on auctions and second hand stores for decades, bringing lots of find home to be standing in some closets.. Some paintings has actually made a place for them and I like to glance at them once in a while. Like this one that I found somewhere for maybe fifty kronor or something like that. It hangs in my bedroom and I look at it every day, haven't got wearied yet.

Perhaps "real" art connoisseurs would dismiss it just as flamboyant and to much of everything. But I like it as it is and use to let the mind play with different ideas when looking at it, sometimes I can let the mind take me yo that shore and let me walk in there feeling the breeze, warmth and smell from the sea. I can wonder what year it is, believe something like 1800 and then what clothes people would bear, believe they where uncomfortable.. especially for women if it was warm. Things where not always better before.. Wonder what language you would have to master for communicate with the people over there and what food you could find, definitely fish but what sort and do they use to make it over open fire or boil it, have they discovered potato yet or..

Sometimes I only take in the light and colour, it makes me cosy only to have them in the eye for a while, think it's definitely a warm painting.

4 comments:

dianne said...

It is a lovely painting M, I really admire your imagination and your perception, its nice to wonder about all of those things, some people would just say it is a painting...but it is so much more. ♥

Anonymous said...

Beuty lies in the eye of the beholder.

Du ser en varm och vacker tavla och då är det så. Konst är vad man själv vill att det ska vara. Inte vad någon "kännare" påstår att det är.

Anonymous said...

oj vad jag stavade illa...hahaha...

sorry... =)

dianne said...

Have a very Happy New Year dear M. ♥