Thursday 19 November 2009

Luleå revisited



Icebreaker Ymer waits for her wintertime work.

Went up with youngest daughter last weekeend to do some work and also visit mother on her birthday. Met my two brothers, we only occasionally meet all three together at the same time. Got some interesting talk about sailingboats and motorcycles and I will do one more crazy trading with one of them involving some old cars and perhaps one or two bikes.

Looked at some familiar sights and had to feel that special feeling I sense when moving around in this area. It was windy and cold like it usually is in winter. Town is built on a peninsula with cold winter wind running up and down the streets. Sort of makes up for the right feeling, a bit harsh.

I got a serious offer for a job up her and the opportunity of moving back. It is not so easy to decide how to do. No hurry, the job is tailor-made for me and perhaps can wait until next summer. Problem is I do not know how to do. In some way I long for this coast and that special soul you find in people and nature. In other ways I rather move a thousand kilometers south instead, that would be next to the Mediterranean... Living by the ocean is important for me, I'm bored by all these inland lakes. So how should I do, not so easy decision..

3 comments:

dianne said...

It is a difficult decision M dear, I love the ocean, the white-capped waves, the fresh salty breeze, the sound of the waves as they lap on the shore or crash when there is a storm...you will have to find a compromise, a place that will give you both the ocean and that special feeling of belonging. ♡

The Mess said...

Yes I am working on some sort of compromise. Perhaps live on two locations, winter-summer? town-country?

It would definitely be close to the sea..

dianne said...

Good luck my friend, I hope you will find a place that will give you both. ♡