Thursday 26 March 2009

City feelings

Walking on some half known streets this evening. Everywhere are streetlights for safety and comfort. I pass through a park with trees illuminated from below, looks so interesting, stir your fantasies. A walking bridge over a little pond has some red lights on the railing gives some sort of carnival feeling. I take a break on that bridge looking around at all the lights from the city around, the big church in the distance has its walls bathing in light. Do people appreciate all this effort with lights, to give a nice impression for us who wander around?

Passing bars and restaurants one has candles outside, looking at the people sitting inside through windows. I´m a bit surprised that there are so many going out on a normal Thursday evening guess that is called social life.

It is a quiet city centre with no car traffic just us pedestrians and some cyclists who move around. An open window from an apartment reveals some laughter. All windows are filled with lights from the apartments where people live. This thing about living in a city attracts in some way. To have a café open at evenings or to be able of an impulsive sneak in on a cinema with a show that appeals and all just one block away from where you live. Some part of me would like to have this city life some other needs to live in the woods without any neighbours. Hmm.. think that asocial string in me is stronger, a city is nice to visit.. sometimes..

1 comment:

dianne said...

What a lovely post dear M,you are an observer of things that a lot of people dont even see or feel, thats what I like about your writing, I am there with you, your words take us on a journey.
Its nice to go into the city sometimes, though it seems to be a different pace of life,I like looking at the cafes, restaurants and apartments but when I see couples dining it only makes me realise how much more I am alone.
I wonder how these city folk survive, so much going on at once, too hectic for me. ♡