Friday 18 June 2010

Lament for our old lady




Fresh fish is so tasty!


Old little madam has fallen asleep for the last time.

This extraordinary cat who followed with the house and got around 26 years of living, that would be like a man who lived until 150?

Special in a way that she was always so kind to people, loving mother to her kittens and also this very skilled hunter.

When kittens grew up she would go out and hunt something that would get their minds into real food. She used to drag home big black rats the same size as her.. and when the kittens where horrified, she brought home squirrel instead and there is not many cats that can chase a squirrel in the trees. She has sometimes brought home hare..

One time when she had kittens and lying in a basket with them in the hall. A women with a puppy dog come and visited. She put up her ears and eyes above the wall and stared at the dog, then jumped off to the floor and went right to the dog and gave it a real claw on the nose, dog screamed and hide under a bench and the cat walked slowly without looking back to the basket with her kittens. The dog was a Mastiff, as a puppy about twice the size of her self.

In her last years she lost her hearing and also this hunting that was the fun of her life. So she became a very happy fisher instead. When you come home with some fish in the bowl she would directly fish them up and eat them. Always so happy about these fishing.

She was always so clever and used to observe if a car went away it would perhaps come back with some fish.. and this last day of her life she followed to the car that was going away and sat down patiently to wait, if it would come back with some fish.

When the car came back she had laid down and fallen into the endless sleep perhaps dreaming of fish.

Childrens put her in a box with some towels to make it cosy, fresh flowers and a fish next to her.. Oldest has buried her in some secret place in the woods, she says she is going to build a little pyramid with stones above before she reveals where..

9 comments:

dianne said...

Oh M dear, I am so sorry to hear that your beautiful cat has passed away ... 26years, what a long life she has lived with you. I guess she was tired and weary and it was time for a grand old lady to have a good rest ... I'm sure there have been many tears to lose such a friend and pet.
Gosh you will miss her, nice that she was buried with soft towels, flowers and a fish and that your daughter will build a small stone pyramid to mark her final resting place ... though memories of her will always remain within your hearts.
xoxoxo ♡

dianne said...

M, dear friend, I have just finished watching the episode of Dr Who which featured Vincent Van Gogh and I find myself in tears as it was so emotional.
You mentioned this episode at my Van Gogh post and Cafe le Soir. What a sad life poor Vincent endured and it was lovely when the Doctor and Amy took him to the Musee de Orsay to see how famous he and his paintings had become, it is a shame that he never realised how brilliant his paintings were nor the people of that time.
You once asked me what colour were my eyes, I said 'greenish/ blue', well just look at the colour of Amy's that is the colour and it is difficult to describe exactly. That is the only thing I have in common with her, she is young and beautiful, I am neither now, though I was both, many years ago.
I hope you and your daughters are coping will the loss of your lovely cat. xoxo ♡

dianne said...

Maybe you would describe the colour as smokey/grayish/light brown? ... but that's the colour of my eyes, Mr Peter Davison look alike. ;)
xoxo ♡

The Mess said...

What a coincidence that I've just looked at the latest episode with my oldest, she gets them from internet after they have been broadcasted Saturday evening in England. We use to watch together using the Xbox in Sunday morning.

And also in this episode Vincent has a part in the story..

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I like his paintings although they are so old :-)

Hey, your eye colour is like a maze, would have liked to have a real look inside of them..

And we are all curious where daughter has buried old lady, she says it is in a lovely spot. When she has finished the pyramid she will show us.

dianne said...

Our episodes of Dr Who must be about three weeks behind those your daughter downloads ... I am looking forward to the next episode on Sunday.

I felt sorry for that monster,the krafayis who was killed in the church too, he had been left behind here on earth and was lonely and frightened,I guess it had to happen ... I think it was a metaphor for how Vincent was feeling.

Yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I love the paintings of Vincent, not just the irises or the sunflowers, there are so many paintings which are just as beautiful, some even more.

I loved how Vincent, Amy and the Doctor lay on the grass and looked at the sky and saw how beautiful it was through his eyes, I have done that myself.
Richard Curtis who wrote Mr Bean, Nottinghill, the Blackadder series, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Bridget Jones's Diary, Love Actually to name a few wrote that episode of Dr Who.

My eyes, yes they are the same colour as Amy's and it is a difficult colour to describe, you may have liked to look into them once when I was much younger. :-)
They were filled with tears last night.

I'm sure your daughter has found a lovely spot for your 'old lady' and the stone pyramid will be a lovely marker for where she is buried ... so sad when we lose a beloved pet.

Tae care dear M. xoxoxo ♡

The Mess said...

Daughter, the big fan, was very impressed that the author to the Van Gogh episode had been Richard Curtis witch none of us had noticed, she asked how I had come to knew about that :-)

Then she remembered that they did a special, written by Steven Moffat who then was this youngster and Dr Who fan that had nestled himself into BBC.

This one was a special for charity made in -99 when the series was resting. The episodes name is "The curse of fatal death" and here is Rowan Atkinson as the ninth Doctor!

Daughter searhed for a while and then come with a disk and we watched this humour episode that in the end also has Hugh Grant as the twelfth and finally Joanna Lumley(!) as the last thirteenth as the Doctor can only generate until he/she becomes nr 13 :-)

dianne said...

I did not see that episode "The curse of fatal death", lol, death usually is fatal. :)
I will have to get my son to dig it out of his archives that is if he still has it as I'm sute it would have been very funny with Rowan Atkinson, Hugh Grant and Joanna Lumley.
I am looking forward to Dr Who this Sunday night, I think it is the episode where Vincent makes another appearance.
Your comment about the 'feather' made me laugh today, I guess I would giggle if someone tickled me too, though it has never happened to me ... is true.
Intimacy is a very pleasurable thing, especially when you love someone, it can be a deeply romantic and emotional experience or it can be a lighthearted bit of fun and game playing,lots of fun or a bit of both ... wouldn't you agree?
Don't blush dear M, I am just making a comment.
xoxoxo ♡

The Mess said...

Intimacy when you deeply know and rely on each other has no limits of how fun you can have..

dianne said...

So true dear M, but it has to be with the right person. xoxo ♡